China: Conflict, Crisis and Change 1900 – 1989. Designed for the Edexcel IGCSE Breadth Study but features a wide range of activities and approaches, and is in depth enough, that makes it excellent for all China history courses.
It is a standalone SOW (e.g. you don’t need to refer to a text book) and each lesson is self-contained, with all the information and resources required to deliver at least a Good rated lesson if not an Outstanding one.
Assessment & activity types are introduced and revisited based on a retrieval grid to ensure maximum learning and imbedding of skills and knowledge. Each lesson is estimated to take 45-60 minutes to complete but in my experience many can stretch over 2 or even 3 lessons depending on teacher judgement.
Each lesson features as a minimum:
Numeracy & Literacy challenges.
Keywords (to add to a student glossary).
EAL support sheets.
Stretch and challenge activities.
Teacher Quick Start Guide.
Literacy support mats.
Homework extension task mats.
Context slide for the lesson.
Part 1: Lessons included:
- China History IGCSE: Intro to China & Course Set Up. (with online self-marking quiz)
- China History IGCSE: Boxer Rebellion Causes & Events
- China History IGCSE: Boxer Rebellion Consequences & Reforms
- China History IGCSE: The 1911 Revolution
- China History IGCSE: 4th May Movement
- China History IGCSE: Sun Yet-Sen, Chiang Kai-Shek & Guomindang
- China History IGCSE: Recap Lesson 1: 1900 – 1926 (with online self-marking quiz)
- China History IGCSE: The United Front & The Communist Party
- China History IGCSE: Expeditions, Massacres and Exterminations 1926 – 1934
- China History IGCSE: Recap lesson 2: 1926 – 1934 (with online self-marking quiz)
- China History IGCSE: The Long March 1934-35
- China History IGCSE: Consequences of the Long March