A comprehensive revision workbook for the IGCSE History (Edexcel) China: Conflict, Crisis and Change 1900 – 19189 course.
• 26 fact sheets covering all topics.
• 26 writing tasks (1 for each topic with graduated difficulty)
• 99 keywords to support vocabulary and understanding
• 5 Online quizzes (1 for each sub topic)
Writing tasks are as follows:
• 3 keyword match ups
• 3 Cloze activities
• 3 PEE model and sort activities
• 8 PEEKA paragraphs model and write activity
• 9 6 mark questions with PEEKA writing stems
This has been used at an International School in the UAE with great effect and hugely popular with parents and home tutors.
There is a tie in Scheme of Work for the whole module to be found at www.wolseyacademy.com/china
Hope it helps!
Topics are as follows (each with its own writing task, keywords and access to an online quiz).
- China, an introduction
- The Boxer Rebellion, 1900
- The Self-Strengthening Movement, 1902 – 1911
- The 1911 Revolution
- Warlords & The May 4th Movement
- Sun Yat-sen & the GMD
- United Front & Northern Expedition
- Shanghai Massacre 1927
- The Long March 1934
- War with Japan 1937 – 45
- Civil War 1946 – 49
- Why did the CCP win?
- CCP & Agriculture
- CCP & Industry
- CCP & Women
- CCP & politics
- CCP & USSR
- Motives for the Cultural Revolution
- Cultural Revolution Key Features
- Cult of Mao
- Cultural Revolution Consequences
- China splits with the USSR
- Gang of Four
- Deng’s economic reforms
- Deng’s political reforms
- Tiananmen Square, 1989.
More teaching resources and a range of free history games can be found at www.wolseyacademy.com