A Wolsey Academy Scheme of Work on the Industrial Revolution. Target is KS3 but all assessments throughout are GCSE and use Edexcel criteria. Each lesson contains a lesson plan, quick start guide, printable resources, mini plenaries, challenge questions, mark schemes, writing frames, lots of differentiation, a nice mix of activity types and a lesson specific EAL activity sheet. There are 14 lessons in total, but each lesson has enough material to last 2 or 3 lessons for even high ability classes.
Most lessons include some high-level source analysis.
The SOW has been used for several years (with continual updates and improvements) at a very successful History department in an outstanding school.
If used at KS3 it also acts as a grounding for any History of Medicine modules they might encounter at KS4 (hence the focus on public health and inventions).
The SOW covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the Industrial Revolution (free)
- Population Boom (free)
- Coal Mining
- Robert Stephenson
- Industrial Revolution inventors
- Child Labour
- Public Health Problems
- Public Health Solutions & Government Intervention
- Source Question on the Big Stink
- British Empire
- Source Question on Empire
- Revision Guide & EAL activities.
- William Cuffay & The Chartists (Black History Month lesson)
Hope it helps.