Perfect for History Club sessions – or active and creative lessons - at the primary or secondary level. Includes information and video about the topics and a fun practical activity (which can often take more than one session to complete). All sessions include a weekly advertising poster for display boards, websites, and screens around the school. Also included is a loyalty card for students to claim rewards after attending enough lessons.
Designed by Wolsey Academy and tried and tested with secondary students in the UK.
Topics are as follows:
1. Ancient Egypt – Drama Production
2. Battle of Trafalgar 1805 – Arts and Craft.
3. Guy Fawkes, 1605 – Gunpowder Hunt.
4. Charles Lindbergh, 1927 – Design & Fly a Plane.
5. Pirates – Make a Movie.
6. Thanksgiving – Fancy Dress and Card Design
7. Benjamin Franklin – Make and fly a Kite.
8. Tudor Christmas – Card Making.
9. Battle of Atlantic – Code Breaking Game
10. Medieval Coat of Arms – Research and Heraldry Making.
11. Brunel – Bridge Building
12. Darwin –Voyage of the Beagle, Art Competition.
13. D-Day – Landing Craft Construction and Testing
14. World Cup History – Kit Designs
15. Battle of Quebec – Crane Construction
16. Angkor Wat – Sunrise Drawings
17. Historical Fashion – Clothing Designs
18. Henry Ford – Assembly Line Competition
19. Roman Army – Shield Design and Battle Tactics Role Play
20. Local History: Ipswich Town Football Club – Badge Design.
Combine these with Wolsey Academy's amazing and free History World Games at https://www.wolseyacademy.com/virtual-learning-worlds
top of page
bottom of page